Welcome to The Wandering Rumpus Summer Launch Party! Every Tuesday through June & July we will share a great new post and a give away here on the blog, on our Instagram & on Facebook. Please follow along, comment and share with your friends and family. We’ve got some fun prizes & brands to share with you and can’t wait to wander & rumpus with you this summer!
Before we take a trip with our kids – whether it be Morocco or Paris, Memphis or Oxford – I spend a lot of time researching on the internet. I scour blogs and travel sites for tips on where to go, where to stay and the best activities to do with my kids.
I’m so excited to find a new website that launched this past spring called The Family Backpack. The Family Backpack takes the best family travel blogs (including The Wandering Rumpus!) and makes the curated content searchable. It enables busy parents to plan family vacations – both domestically and internationally – much faster and easier while still feeling like they put some time into their vacation research.
The founder, Andrea Kahn, is a mom of 3 based in Milwaukee and she and I met during a recent trip to Huntsville for a travel blogger conference. We hit it off so well, that I will be working with The Family Backpack as the Director of Travel Communications and incorporating lots of Wandering Rumpus posts and tips into the site, among other things.
Some of my favorite things about The Family Backpack:
- Researching Destinations –From The Best Family Castle Hotels in Ireland to an African Safari with kids to Top 5 Family-friendly things to do in Seattle – this website is the perfect place to start your travel planning from parents who have all been to these locations with their families!
- The Bucket List – even if you don’t know WHERE to travel with your family, The Family Backpack shares ideas to start building your ultimate family travel bucket list.
- Before You Travel Tips – If you’re nervous about flying on a plane with a baby or toddler or simply don’t know what to pack for a European adventure, The Family Backpack provides lots of pre and post planning resources.
- Educational Resources – from great book recommendations (you know I love a good book) to foreign language resources, I love finding educational sites to help expand the travel experience for my kids.
- The Wandering Rumpus – Of course, I’m super excited to share that I am working with Andrea and the team as the Director of Travel Communications where I can utilize my PR and writing background. Also, you can find lots of posts, tips and advice from The Wandering Rumpus on the site too!
Give away: (This Giveaway is Closed) The Family Backpack is generously giving away some fun items for your family travels including:
- A family set of The Family Backpack T-shirts (shown above & on my 8-year-old Lila)
- A The Family Backpack tote bag
- A $100 gift card from Target to help with your summer travel supplies
- A travel cup holder from Hallare Design which is perfect for holding drinks on an airplane, a stroller or in the back of the car for a road trip!
You can enter several ways (and the more you do, the more entries you get):
- Comment on this blog post about tell us where you will wander this summer!
- Follow @TheWanderingRumpus, @TheFamilyBackpack & @Hallaredesign on Instagram and tag 2 people on the The Wandering Rumpus Instagram Summer Launch Party post
- Visit and like the giveaway post on The Wandering Rumpus Facebook page.
- Visit The Family Backpack and Hallare Design on Facebook.
Entries will be accepted until midnight Thursday! And if you don’t win this time, please come back next Tuesday for our next Summer Launch Party Giveaway! Good luck & Happy travels this summer!